Database Archiving: How to Keep Lots of Data for a Very Long Time (The MK/OMG Press)
* Exhaustively considers the diverse set of issues―legal, technological, and financial―affecting organizations faced with major database archiving requirements.
* Shows how to design and implement a database archival process that is integral to existing procedures and systems.
* Explores the role of players at every level of the organization―in terms of the skills they need and the contributions they can make.
* Presents its ideas from a vendor-neutral perspective that can benefit any organization, regardless of its current technological investments.
* Provides detailed information on building the business case for all types of archiving projects
"This is a thorough discourse on data archiving--what it is, how to approach it, and how to execute on it." --John Schley, Data Architect at Principal Financial Group Jack E. Olson is a widely recognized database technology expert. His career includes significant contributions at IBM, BMC, Evoke, and now NEON Enterprise Software, where he serves as Chief Technology Office. Olson is author of Data Quality: The Accuracy Dimension, also published by Morgan Kaufmann. The inventor of record on several patents, he holds a BS from the Illinois Institute of Technology and an MBA from Northwestern University.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 312 pages
- Morgan Kaufmann; 1 edition (November 25, 2008)
- Computers & Technology
PDF Books World offers free eBooks on fiction, non-fiction, academic, textbooks and children's categories for download in high quality PDF format.
Download ebook Database Archiving: How to Keep Lots of Data for a Very Long Time (The MK/OMG Press) by Language: English : pdf - djvu - online : eBooks for Free.
|The message text*:|
11 Division Divisional Troops 59 Brigade Royal Field Artillery, 60 Brigade Royal Field Artillery, 118 Brigade Royal Field Artillery, 133 Brigade Royal ... 1918 (First World War, War Diary, Wo95/1802)